History of St Anne's House
St Anne’s House is a 19th century Grade II Listed Victorian house. It was built in 1856-1858 by William White, as a vicarage, for Sir Frederick Leman Rogers of Blachford.
The description for the property then, reads “Rendered stone, partly slate-hung. Steeply-pitched scantle slate roofs with gabled ends. Large rendered gable-end and axial stacks with slate weathering.
Two principal rooms in south front-range and with stair hall with side entrance and service rooms behind in rear wing. Victorian Gothic/ Vernacular style.
Tall slate-hung south front range with bell-cast string course and 3-bay south front, canted bay on left and French casement on right, both with slate canopies, 2-light and central 1-light first floor casements above, all with small panes and glazing bars; gable ends each have two pointed arch attic windows.”
St Anne’s became a listed building on 23rd February 2004 - Historic England: List Entry Number: 1390980.